When looking for an investment, I generally look for a tangible product that has a real need in a big market that is executed flawlessly by a great team. Tesla is the perfect example of this:
– They make cars. Millions of people need cars.
– They don’t burn gas. Good! It’s getting ever more expensive.
– The Model S is a masterpiece of engineering excellence at a realistic price. It’s a looker too.
– They are backed by Elon Musk. Enough said.
– Jeff Shulman wants one – so it must be good.
Unfortunately, everyone else realized this before me and the stock price skyrocketed before I realized they were public. Next time I see a product that checks these boxes I hope I realize it before the rush!